All non citizens of Solomon Islands other than the Government Employees, diplomatic staff, Commonwealth government employees and children under 18 years are required by Law to apply for work permit in Solomon Islands.
Labour Division, Ministry of Commerce, Industry, Labour and Immigration. Solomon Islands
Greetings and welcome to Solomon Islands Labour Division.
The Labour Division is one of the major Divisions within the ministry of Commerce, Industries, Labour and Immigration. The Labour Division is headed by the Commissioner of Labour. And who is empowered to oversee the employment and labour activity in Solomon Islands. The Commissioner, is a custodian and enforcer of Seven (7) separates Acts of Parliament, specifically 1. Employment Act. 2. Labour Act. 3. Trade Disputes Act. 4.Unfair Dismissal Act.5. Workman's Compensation Act. 6. Safety at Work Act. 7. Trade Unions Act and 26 Subsidiary regulations. It is however, a great challenge to the Commissioner's office to ensure enforcement and compliance to these regulations are maintained from time to time.
Labour Division officers have been placed with lots of legal responsibilities. At times are faced with defaults in performing some of the duties that needs public information and awareness, especially in terms of providing awareness, and general information on our day to day operation to the public at large.
By establishing this medium, it will immensely help the division to render services to a large majority who may wish to seek for information related to the Labour Administration in Solomon Islands, as well as to locate the relevant laws related to the work of Employment and Labour in Solomon Islands.
The office of the Commissioner of Labour therefore welcomes the public and wish to plea for your usual cooperation with our Division for us to work together for the Betterment of our Country Solomon Islands. God bless our Happy Iles.
Tagio tumas an Welkam.
- Australia Supports Upgrade of Noro Port May 15, 2022
- Tuvalu, Sinking in the Pacific, Fears Becoming a Superpower ‘Pawn’ May 15, 2022
- Archers on Target for Pacific Games 2023 May 15, 2022
- Who Will Represent Oceania at the FIFA Club World Cup? May 15, 2022
- Premium Sundried Solomon Islands Cocoa Exported to the UK May 15, 2022
- SIWA Introduces New Board Chairman to Prime Minister May 15, 2022
- 64-Year-Old Bougainvillean Arrested for Illegal Entry at Western Border May 13, 2022
CURRENT WORK PERMIT FEES in SBD(Solomon Dollars)
|Work Permit Application Form||$5.00|
|Work Permit Application Fee||$200.00|
|Work Permit Approval Fees|
|Less than 3 Months||$150.00|
|> 3 Months but < 6 Months||$200.00|
|> 6 Months but < 8 Months||$350.00|
|> 8 Months but < 12 Months||$500.00|
|> 12 Months but < 15 Months||$650.00|
|> 15 Months but < 18 Months||$950.00|
|> 18 Months but < 20 Months||$1,000.00|
|> 20 Months but < 24 Months||$1,100.00|
OCCUPATION SAFETY AND HEALTH MATTERS.
Working people in Solomon Islands are protected by health and safety legislation (Safety at work act). This includes: Full time/Part-time workers, home-based workers etc....
EMPLOYMENT SERVICES IN SOLOMON ISLANDS.
Our key aims are to promote the employment of Solomon islanders and control immigrant workers employment. To provide protection and fair conditions of service for working people and develop and maintain constructive employer-employee relationship.
INTERNATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MATTERS.
One of our key function is to deal with unfair dismissals as well as non-provision of redundancy entitlements to employees
- Labour Act (3283 downloads)
- Employment Act (3205 downloads)
- Work Permit.docx (2640 downloads)
- Work Permit.pdf (2275 downloads)
- Workmen's Compensation Act (1993 downloads)
- Safety At Work Act (1940 downloads)
- Unfair Dismissal Act (1795 downloads)
- LAB WCA 1 (1498 downloads)
- Trade Union Act (1441 downloads)
- IR Enquiry Form (1216 downloads)