Questions and Answers on Trade Apprenticeship Training in Solomon Islands.Please download below document for more information.
NATIONAL TRADE TESTING TRAINING & CERTIFICATION UNIT
- To UPGRADE and PROMOTE the general standards of Tradesman ship through skills dissemination, certification and accreditation in the country in order to increase and improve productivity.
- To grade every tradesman according to the degree of proficiency achieved in his /her trade test
- To motivate and encourage tradesman to develop their skills and take Trade test to upgrade themselves and thereby become involve in the continuous learning process so essential in the modern industry.
- To provide successful Tradesman with Nationally/Regionally recognized TRADE certificate.
- To create more opportunities for persons to learn a trade or skill and upgrade themselves through the approved levels of Testing and certification.
- To establish and maintain a strong tripartite relationship between – industries, training institutions and the Government(Labour Division) through ISAG (Industry Standard Advisory Group)
The NTTT & C Unit of the LABOUR DIVISION is mandated to enact the Legal provision of
- The LABOUR (APPRENTICESHIP RULES) CAP 73
- Section 80 of the LABOUR ACT.
FUNCTIONS OF THE UNIT
The APPRENTICESHIP SCHEME
- Administration and custodian of the Contract of Apprenticeship for Apprentices at the Solomon Island National University, school of technology.
- Regulate and Monitor the apprenticeship program-on and off the job Training.
1.) The APPRENTICESHIP Scheme program;
- Screening, accepting of applicants for the MCILI/LABOUR sponsorship program
- Carrying out the requirement of our obligation as sponsors – Student allowances, safety wears, verification of names for payment of tuition fees, facilitation of holiday leaves and seafarers.
- Arrangement of Practical attachment for Apprentice on the job Training with the industry.
- Conducting the Trade Proficiency Examination for ALL Trades: HVPM,LMVM,ELECTRICAL ,PAT,C&J Trades(Graduated Trade Apprentice)
- Visit Industries where apprentices are doing practical attachments.
2) NTTTC SCHEME – Non Formal
- Prepare and endorse exam papers through the ISAG
- Touring all Province to carry out the Trade Testing for RTCs and VTCs at Basic, Intermediate and Final level.
- Assessment of results, preparation of certificates and dissemination of certificates.
- Provide references and recommendations for candidates for employment and /or further studies.
- Conduct Trade test upon request to experienced workers within the industry without formal training.